Internet Security & ID Protection

ChalleW
ChalleW Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Just renewed my ID Protection and can now see that I have registred 3 pcs of Iphone (only have 1 in use) and 2 pcs of Ipad (also only 1 in use). All named My Iphone and My Ipad.

How can I find out wich one of the Iphone and Ipad that are the ones in use in order to free license?

On my Windows 10 PC I have been using Internet Security that is up for renewel. Is it possible to upgrade to Total and use that both on PC and Iphone/Ipad and only pay for one product

?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

On my Windows 10 PC I have been using Internet Security that is up for renewel. Is it possible to upgrade to Total and use that both on PC and Iphone/Ipad and only pay for one product

If your F-Secure Internet Security is the old one (not the new one as a renamed F-Secure SAFE // What are the differences between the old F-Secure Internet Security and the new F-Secure Internet Security released on February 14? - F-Secure Community), then there is a guide: Upgrading from F-Secure Internet Security to F-Secure Total - F-Secure Community

Perhaps, it will be a full-featured F-Secure TOTAL. But, anyway, sounds that this is the only way to renew old F-Secure IS.

Just renewed my ID Protection and can now see that I have registred 3 pcs of Iphone (only have 1 in use) and 2 pcs of Ipad (also only 1 in use). All named My Iphone and My Ipad.

How can I find out wich one of the Iphone and Ipad that are the ones in use in order to free license?

I am not sure that there is a way to find out it. However, since at least iPad (if your experience is not about two different ones) is featured with two different names (so, two activations at some point) - it can be safe to release any and in the very bad case - just to re-activate it via app, Starting to use the only one license.

The situation how I see it - if you will free all the licenses, then the active one installation will be expired. But, it should be possible to re-activate it by 're-login' or anything similar by following in-app dialog about expiration.

Although, I did not encourage to follow my suggestion until any other replies will be available. Just if you are willing to check it and with a proper backup of your entries (passwords/data). Also, I think when you will be trying to install on another device (and all licenses are in use) - there should be dialog about 'releasing' unused ones. So, if you did not plan to install on another devices (yet) - maybe not a real break point to choose which to release right now.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info