FS Protection for Mac 19.1 releases
FS Protection for Mac 19.1 releases will be posted under this thread.
F-Secure R&D, Mac Team
pajp Posts: 93 F-Secure Employee
Release 19.1 beta 1 (build 49553)
We are pleased to announce the availability of a new release of FS Protection for Mac. This update is available for download from My FS Protection and delivery to existing installations will be started shortly.
Highlights of this release:
- Fixes an issue where the macOS firewall would be disabled upon product installation
- Fixes an issue where DeepGuard would not work properly in Classic or Strict mode
- Improved integration with F-Secure Security Cloud
- Improved performance for the Telegram macOS app
- + many more bug fixes, performance improvements and security enhancements in the product update system, Password Vault and VPN
- Initial update may take up to an hour to complete. If the product UI still says "Waiting for initial update" or "Updating protection" more than 2 hours after upgrade or initial installation, please report it to us according to the below instructions. During the initial update process, your computer is still protected by F-Secure Security Cloud.
- Password Vault browser extension may be unable to find URL or password.
- After upgrade, a reboot might be needed before VPN can be enabled
These issues will be fixed in an upcoming beta release.
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
F-Secure R&D, Mac Team2 2Like