F-Secure Total on Windows 11 Outlook emails.

Alec_2023
Alec_2023 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Total

I have just purchased and installed F-Secure Total on my Windows 11 PC. Now I cannot get pictures or links to show in my emails.

The Help search facility is poor and by the look of the dates on some of the posts need to be verified as still valid as I would question if advice given in 2013 is still valid in 2023.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,634 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Alec_2023

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

May I know did you turn on the Privacy VPN on your PC? It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with your email links and images not showing up could be related to the Privacy VPN on your PC. We recommend checking out the link provided for assistance with this issue https://community.f-secure.com/vpn-en/kb/articles/8556-i-cannot-send-or-receive-emails-when-f-secure-freedome-vpn-is-turned-on

Alternatively, you can try temporarily turning off the F-Secure protection to see if that resolves the issue. Just remember to turn it back on after you're done testing.

To turn off all protection features:

1. Open the F-Secure user interface 
    2. Go to the Secure Browsing and Banking icon 
    3. There click on Turn off all protection 
    4. A warning is shown, as turning off all protection features leaves your computer open to attacks. Select 5 mins
    5. Click Turn off

To turn on all protection features:

1. Open the F-Secure security product
    2. Click Turn back on 

If the issue persists even after turning off the protection, it's possible that the issue may not be related to the F-Secure app. We would appreciate it if you could update us on the outcome of these tests, so we can further assist you in finding a solution.

Thank you for choosing F-Secure as your security provider, and we look forward to helping you resolve this issue.

This discussion has been closed.