Is there any way to migrate from KEY to ID protection?

Options
jbh
jbh Posts: 2 Observer
edited August 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

Now that I have a new phone I decided it would be good to upgrade to ID protection and get premium.

I tried to follow the instructions at "How do I move from KEY to ID PROTECTION on mobile devices?" but have been dismayed to find that no sync code is generated in the KEY client. Searching through old forum threads leads me to understand that these sync codes are now for whatever reason disabled. So is there really no legacy pathway for migrating passwords over from your old software to your new software?!?! And also no way to export my passwords from the android app???? They are stuck there with zero methods for automated extraction or migration????

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jbh

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

I have checked on your previous subscription for the F-Secure KEY and I believe it has expired hence why there is no option for you to generate the sync code on F-Secure KEY. However, you may follow the steps below to enable the sync on F-Secure KEY.

How to transfer password from free F-Secure KEY to ID Protection. How do I create the sync code from the free F-Secure KEY and transfer my passwords to your ID Protection?

Once you have your own My F-Secure account, follow the instructions below:

1. Open F-Secure KEY
    2. Select Subscription (on mobile press first the Menu button)
    3. Choose Select a Provider
    4. Select F-Secure
    5. Sign in using My F-Secure account details.

To synchronize passwords:

1. Open the F-Secure KEY app.
    2. Select Connect Devices (on mobile press first the Menu button)
    3. Copy the synchronizing code.
    4. Open the F-Secure ID PROTECTION application.
    5. Select Connect Devices
    6. Enter the code to sync the passwords.

Let me know if this helps you to sync the code from F-Secure KEY to F-Secure ID Protection.

Answers

• jbh
    jbh Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Thank you, that did indeed work. I had not understood that I could attach my existing F-Secure subscription in that way, in order to generate the code.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info