Exchange email server connection being blocked

Options
stagawa
stagawa Posts: 1 New Member

I'm using Outlook 365 and I have multiple email accounts on it. After installing the F-Secure anti-virus and internet security, outlook can no longer access the exchange email server for one of my accounts.

I tried removing the account from Outlook and adding it back. I was unable to add back the account until I turned off all anti-virus protections. Prior to turning the protection on, Outlook said that it couldn't find the server. Once the account was added back, I was able to receive/send emails.

When I turn the protection back on, I can't connect to the email server.

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @stagawa

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

After installing the F-Secure anti-virus and internet security, outlook can no longer access the exchange email server for one of my accounts.

Could you confirm which F-Secure product you are using?

https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/products#view-all

I tried removing the account from Outlook and adding it back. I was unable to add back the account until I turned off all anti-virus protections. Prior to turning the protection on, Outlook said that it couldn't find the server. Once the account was added back, I was able to receive/send emails.

When I turn the protection back on, I can't connect to the email server.

Can you confirm if you have any other security products on your computer or VPN services that you use on the device?

Looking forward to your update.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info