How to update old anti virus bank?

Hellmuth
Hellmuth Posts: 1 New Member

Hello,

My F Secure says my anti virus bank is outdated, that I need to update it, but nothing happens when I push the right button....

Waste of time and money.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Hellmuth

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

If the updates that the computer has seemed recent, please check this website if they're what they're supposed to be:

https://dbtracker.f-secure.com/?platform=Windows_x64

Please try the following instructions:

1. Open F-Secure SAFE
    2. Go to Tools 
    3. Run Updates

If the issue still persists:

• Check that Windows is updated
    • Restart the computer

If the issue still persists then:

1. Open F-Secure SAFE
    2. Click Tools 
    3. Click Shut down protections features
    4. Close the program and reopen it
    5. Run updates again

If the issue persists after this, we recommend disabling Windows fast start-up. You can find instructions to this here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

If even after this the updates do not work, uninstall and reinstall the program.

@Conor I have replied to your post. You may check the post to help you on the matter

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Conor
    Conor Posts: 9 Explorer

I have the same problem. "Antivirus database is not up to date." Click on "Update", status changes briefly to "Updating protection" then we go back to square one. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. The last time I had this problem I had to uninstall F-Secure SAFE and re-install it. MacOS latest version (Ventura 13.0.1), MacBook Pro (Intel).

No error messages, no hints. "Update" just does work. SAFE has full disk access (System Settings | Privacy & Security).

On Saturday I had the same problem on another laptop: MacOS latest version (Ventura 13.0.1), MacMini (Apple M1). I had to uninstall F-Secure SAFE and re-install it.

This software is unusable if I have to uninstall it and re-install it every month on three different machines.

• Conor
    Conor Posts: 9 Explorer

Oops! Left out a "not". Obviously I meant: "Update" just does NOT work.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info