Multiple devices.

Options
Boomer45
Boomer45 Posts: 2 Observer
edited May 2023 in F-Secure VPN

Hi,

I have just renewed my subscription to freedome on the app. I have been told if I want to protect another two devices I should have gone to the website instead. Is this correct? Can I change my subscription to more devices? Thank you

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• zaimazmi
    zaimazmi Posts: 26 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Boomer45

Thanks for contacting F-Secure.

Based on your query, when you purchase F-Secure FREEDOME from an application store such as Google Play Store or Apple App Store, you cannot install those licenses to any other platform, such as macOS or Windows PC.

As an example, if you bought FREEDOME from Google Play Store, you can only install that on other Android devices with the same Google account ID. This license cannot be installed on iOS, Mac, or Windows devices.

Similarly, with an Apple App Store purchase, it can only be installed on other iOS devices with the same Apple ID, not on Android, Mac, or Windows devices. 

Hence, if you want to use it on different devices (Operating Systems) we can suggest you purchase a multiplatform subscription from our website where it can be used on Windows/macOS/Android/iOS.

FREEDOME VPN subscription options - F-Secure Community

F-Secure FREEDOME VPN — Secure and private browsing | F-Secure

Thanks!

Answers

• Boomer45
    Boomer45 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Can I cancel the app subscription and buy the multi platform subscription though? If I can, how do I go about it please?

Many thanks

• zaimazmi
    zaimazmi Posts: 26 F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi @Boomer45

Thanks for the response.

Yes, you can cancel the subscription from 3rd party store you subscribe.

If you have a subscription via Google Play Store, you can follow the below steps to cancel the subscription.

This is how you cancel a subscription: 

1.   Open the Google Play Store application.
    2.   Tap Menu in the top left corner, then Account, and then Subscriptions.
    3.   Find the subscription you want to cancel. 
    4.   Tap Cancel

If you have issues with this, you can contact F-Secure. Please have your GPA number from Google accounts with you. 

NOTE We can only process the cancellation within 30 days of the purchase. 

And if you have a subscription via Apple Store, you can follow the below steps to cancel the subscription.

1. Start FREEDOME VPN.
    2. From the main menu, select Subscription.
    3. Select Manage subscription or cancel the trial.
    4. Select Cancel subscription.

Alternatively, you can cancel the trial or paid subscription through the device settings as follows:

1. Open the device Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap your name near the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Subscriptions.
    4. Tap FREEDOME subscription.
    5. Tap Cancel subscription.

For more information about canceling subscriptions, see Apple's support pages.

https://community.f-secure.com/freedome-en/kb/articles/5122-grace-periods-with-f-secure-freedome-subscriptionsThanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info