How can Ik get back the passwords from xs4all-keymanager?

AdrianusG
AdrianusG Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

By installing de new ID-protection from F-Secure, everything from the XS4ALL Key manager disappeared.

And Ik don´t know how to get that back or is everything indeed lost?

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AdrianusG

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

ID PROTECTION will replace XS4ALL KEY on your device. After installing ID PROTECTION such as on your Windows or Mac, it will ask you to enter your master password if you have XS4ALL KEY on that device. After you have transferred the vault/passwords to the ID PROTECTION, you may uninstall XS4ALL KEY as your passwords are now protected by ID PROTECTION.

Once done, you may sync the passwords by using connect devices feature on ID PROTECTION to another device you would like to have ID PROTECTION.

By installing the new ID-protection from F-Secure, everything from the XS4ALL Key manager disappeared.

After ID PROTECTION, since it is the latest app version, it removes the app from the device, however, the user data is still stored locally on the device. Hence, after installing ID PROTECTION, it will ask you to enter the master password for your XS4ALL KEY.

And Ik don´t know how to get that back or is everything indeed lost?

It is not lost, it is ID PROTECTION that has replaced XS4ALL KEY, however, using the same user data on your devices such as Windows or Mac.

ID PROTECTION is an updated version of XS4ALL KEY and it will accept the user data for XS4ALL KEY, hence, after installing the app, it will still use the same user data on the device from XS4ALL KEY.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• AdrianusG
    AdrianusG Posts: 2 New Member

ID Protection cannot accept any informatiion from the XS4ALL Key manager because everything dissapeared from te computer from the moment I began installing ID protection. Possibly I have made an error myself during installatin, but that's what I have to deal with. How can I get the content back?

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info