How to enable ID Protection when I have expired Total?

jltkorhonen
jltkorhonen Posts: 6 New Member
edited December 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

I have an outdated Total and would like to have id protection only available. How is this possible? The system wants to offer Total all the time and just buying ID Protection is not possible.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @jltkorhonen

The issue is now resolved. You may login into your F-Secure account and select to renew ID PROTECTION by clicking on renew now.

This is how you renew F-Secure ID PROTECTION directly from your account:

1. Log in to My F-Secure.
      • Note: if your account has more users, please make you sure to log in with the main user e-mail address
    2. Click Renew now/Buy now.
      • Note: if you don't have any option to renew, it may be that the expiration date is still too far away.
    3. On the Your cart page, select:
      • Select the package (standard package or family package).
      • Select payment frequency
      • If you'd like to opt for automatic renewal in the future.
    4. On the Your information section, fill in the following (if not pre-filled):
      • Your personal information;
      • Tick the box if you are a business;
      • ZIP/Postal code
      • Select your preferred payment method and fill in the necessary details.
    5. On the Payment options, select the payment options (credit/debit card or PayPal):
      • If credit/debit card selected, fill in the following (if not pre-filled) 
        • Card number.
        • Expiration date.
        • Security code.
    6. Click Buy now.
    7. On the Confirm order page, check your details and click Buy now.
    8. On the Done page, take note of your order reference number for future reference.
    9. Click Back to My F-Secure.

Once your payment is received, a confirmation email is sent to you. Your subscription is now renewed.

Please note that if you have trouble going through with the payment directly after renewing, a separate payment e-mail has also been sent to your e-mail. In that e-mail you can find a payment button, via you can pay the renewal and also change the payment method if you want to.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Firmy

Hi @jltkorhonen

Thank you for your post.

I have changed your product on your F-Secure account.

Kindly login again and renew your subscription for ID PROTECTION only.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

• jltkorhonen
    jltkorhonen Posts: 6 New Member

Hi,

thank you. Unfortunately, when I try to place an order with my own account, the software still offers a Total subscription to me without discounts. This also happens if I cross without logging in to order Id-protetection. If I put in my email, the page will ask you to log in and I will be back in a situation where I can only get a Total subscription without the benefit of any discount code.

Bw. jltkorhonen

• Firmy

Hi @jltkorhonen

We are consulting the issue with the relevant team. I will keep you updated once the issue is resolved.

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info