Adding additional people/ children too complicated
I wanted to add my child but we were not able to manage. We have given up. So I have 3 licenses left I cannot make use of. How can I sell them?
After more than 10 years of using F-Secure, I have to find another solution which is not so complicated.
Firmy Posts: 619 Community Manager
Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.
You can share your subscription with a friend or family member by inviting them into your My F-Secure group. This allows them to protect their devices using your available licenses.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Once logged in, click/tap Add device. Whose device do you want to protect? window appears.
- Select Someone else's device, and click/tap Continue. The Invite a person window appears.
- Fill in your name and email address in the relevant fields, and click/tap Send invitation. The person you add will receive an invitation email that allows them to set up their My F-Secure sub-account and protect their devices using your licenses.
My F-Secure members/sub-users won't see the devices of other members. Only you can see all devices in your My F-Secure.
Note: When you invite a family member or a friend to your My F-Secure group, they will have access to the licenses that you have, but they will only be able to manage the licenses under their account. You, as the organizer (main user), may release licenses if you wish to free them up.
The sub-user will receive an email like this;
If prompted for credentials use the account details below:
Email: [[email protected]]
You will be asked to confirm your email address for your first login.
Use this temporary password to log in then create a new password and proceed with the installation.
If you have sent the invitation and did not receive the temporary password in the email, you may reset the password. A reset password link will be sent to your email.
In order to reset your My F-Secure password, do the following:
- Open the My F-Secure login page.
- Note: If your browser remembers your password and takes you to your My F-Secure account automatically, log out of My F-Secure and repeat step 1.
- Click the Forgot your password?
- Type in your email address, and click Send. This will send you an email with a link to reset your password. If you can't find this email in your inbox, check your spam or junk mail folder.
- Note: The password reset link in the email expires in two hours
- Click on the link in the email.
- Type in your new password and click on Reset. The new password is immediately taken into use.
- Go back to the My F-Secure login page, enter your new credentials and log in.
Kindly let me know if this helps.
Thank you and stay safe.1 1Like