Is this normal?

Options
Jontzu
Jontzu Posts: 4 New Member
edited November 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Does F secure disable this feature automatically?

Accepted Answer

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Hmm, it could be that because Windows always turns of Defender when another AV product is installed, and because this setting is under Defender, this setting is also turned off.

F-Secure SAFE does not turn the setting off, it is Windows itself.

-Cale

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,639 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Jontzu

Thank you for your post.

It seems the settings on your machine is configured by the administrator. I would recommend you to check with your administrator.

On the other hand, for more information on Tamper protection, you may go to this link Using Tamper protection | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

• Jontzu
    Options

The computer im using is my personal PC and i havent logged into any work or school accounts.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,639 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Jontzu

Thank you for your reply.

Tamper Protection is turned off by default.

If you would like to turn it on, you may do so.

You can go to this link to turn on the Tamper Protection Using Tamper protection | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Options

Based on the screenshot, this is Windows tamper protection. F-Secure SAFE does not make any changes to Windows tamper protection settings. F-Secure SAFE also has a tamper protection, which protects only our product and it looks quite similar. You can control that in F-Secure SAFE settings and it's enabled by default.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Jontzu
    Options

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/comment/129691#Comment_129691What I'm trying to ask is why I can't turn windows defenders tamper protection on. I have not made any changes to the registry or system files. Could this be form malware. I have the newest version of f secure.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info