Freedome VPN prevents message apps from receiving messages. How to get around this?

Options
TeemuA
TeemuA Posts: 2 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Apparently Freedome cuts the connection to save power when no connection is needed for a while. This means messaging apps like Whatsapp and Signal don't get messages before I open them. Is there a setting or a way to not close the connection, I can find one. This of course will cause the app to use more power, but I would like to test if this would be viable.

I really would like to find a way to continue using Freedome, but I might have to find a VPN that could provide solution for this, especially when time for resubscribing is coming up.

Teemu

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,640 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TeemuA

Welcome to our community page. Thank you for your post.

We would like to request more information about the device. May I know what is the Android version and the model of the device? 

However, related to your issue, it's mostly due to battery saver settings on your device.

Kindly follow these steps to assist you.

Verify that Freedome is set as never sleeping app via system settings:

1. Open Settings
    2. Go to Device care
    3. Go to Battery
    4. Go to App power management
    5. Go to Apps that won't be put to sleep
    6. Select Add apps
    7. Scroll down and select Freedome
    8. Select Add.

Verify that Freedome is set as Not optimised for battery usage:

1. Open Settings
    2. Go to Apps
    3. Scroll down and select Freedome
    4. Select Battery
    5. Select Optimise battery usage
    6. Select All from the drop-down menu on top of the view (instead of Apps not optimised)
    7. Scroll down and make sure that Freedome is unchecked.

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• TeemuA
    TeemuA Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hi!

Thank you for responding. Device is Samsung Galaxy S10+ and androin version is 12 (One UI 4.1).

I will come back to report is this works (it should as now it shouldn't "disconnect"), and possibly how bad it is with battery drain.

Best,

Teemu

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info