F-Secure iFrame where it doesn't belong

Sven_Knoch
Sven_Knoch Posts: 5 New Member
edited June 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

I am using for a few days now, and I experience the very annoying effect, that on WordPress it puts its iframe in EVERY input field (see attached file)

As it is my job to edit WordPress sites, it is quite unhandy to delete that iframe several times a minute. When I work with the theme builder Avada the F-Secure iframe even creates itself containers. Not funny πŸ˜„ Any idea anyone? Cheers - Sven

Accepted Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Sven_Knoch

We sincerely want to apologize for the trouble this has caused you and your team.

Our team of ID Protection experts are reviewing this extension improvement and hopes to rectify this issue as soon as possible.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    edited January 2023 Answer βœ“

Hello @Sven_Knoch

I have sent you a private message with a link to reinstall the Password Manager extension for a beta version.

By the way, the issue will be fixed in the next version, 6.0 released together with other feature releases.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Sven_Knoch

For now, the fastest fix is to turn the ID Protection extension off on the browser when editing the Wordpress pages. It's not very handy I agree, but still just a couple of clicks. (right click extension icon in status bar -> manage extension -> turn off). Or maybe just use a separate browser for the Wordpress editing which does not have the extension.

• Sven_Knoch

Thanks Jaims 😊 Oh, I am used to workarounds and I am already doing exactly as you propose. You certainly also understand that I don't want to turn off my ID-Protection in my complex work layout (juggling with trillions of browsers and tabs at the same time πŸ˜„) So keep me posted, whenever Finland has come up with a more solid solution πŸ˜‰

• Sven_Knoch

Unfortunately, there is worse: One of our editorial work posts had your extension installed, and, as we just found out, our editor has so unknowingly and since March put the F-Secure code block in THOUSANDS of input fields of an international website. Why? Because the browser wouldn't show the malpositioning F-Secure iframe in the WYSIWYG part of the editorial UI (as I saw it) but only in the HTML-Part where our editor never goes. It will take us WEEKS to correct this data mess caused by messy programming on the side of F-Secure. Stuff like this should not happen, and I still do not get that it did in a major company like yours and that to fix it, you told me in March to turn off the ID protection (which I had just purchased) and that until today there is no bugfix. Really. I totally don't get it. To say it in Finnish, pardon my French: Perkele!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info