Deleting a device

MadsHannibal04
MadsHannibal04 Posts: 1 New Member

Hi

I have a question about deleting a device. On my current account I have one device, and that device is my computer. But i am getting a new computer soon, so i would like to know, if i can delete this device, and then replace it with my new computer. Is that possible. Do i just press the release license button, and then i am able to replace it with my new computer. What should i do?

Kind regards Mads

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

In general, you just need to initiate the installation on a new device. And then follow the instructions during installation. That's all in principle.

For example, if this is Windows platform devices

If your subscription is about only one "device / installation" and it is already in use (not something like "up to 3" or "up to 5" or more. so, there are no more free licenses within the subscription) - then you will be asked to release one of the licenses for the current installation.

On my current account I have one device, and that device is my computer. But i am getting a new computer soon, so i would like to know, if i can delete this device, and then replace it with my new computer.

So, this means you have (F-Secure SAFE) installation on one device. And this device is visible / appears on your My F-Secure Account portal.

If you delete this device on the portal (How do I release a license from My F-Secure? - F-Secure Community), then the license will expire on your device. The installed software will remain, but will be inactive and will notify you of the expired (inactive) subscription status with the ability to reactivate. If you no longer need F-Secure SAFE there, you can remove it using standard tools and ways (Uninstalling SAFE | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides).

Thus, the result is a free license (under subscription) that you can use for another device without any additional need to "reuse / replace" the license during installation.

Is that possible. Do i just press the release license button, and then i am able to replace it with my new computer. What should i do?

Installing SAFE on your computer | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

If your subscription covers more available devices. For example, the package "up to five devices" and only one is used. Then, you can just run the installation on your fresh device. And "2/5" licenses will be used. If the first one is no longer needed - you can release it. But this means no protection on the "old" device.

Sorry if my answer is confusing (I am also only an F-Secure user). If something remains strange or unclear - ask clarifying questions.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info