Moving from Key to ID-Protection requires more licenses for more devices?

thebenzeboi
thebenzeboi Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

Hey!

I have a Total subscription with 3 Safe/VPN/Key licenses. So far me and my partner have both had Key Installed on 2 computers and our phones and we've been able to sync our own passwords between our own 3 devices without issues. Now, when trying to update to ID-protection on my phone, after the login the app keeps saying I don't have enough licenses and I'd have to release existing ones from other devices. Is it still possible to sync passwords under one "User" or do I have to shell out for 3 extra ID-Protection licenses to get the same service as with Key?

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @thebenzeboi

You have explained how the subscription works and the 3 license you purchased should serve the 3 devices you have have. However, if the device is already listed on your My F-Secure portal and you wish to reinstall ID Protection on that device, you need to release the license first before performing a reinstallation else you will encounter the error that there is no sufficient license left.

Kindly take a look at the accepted answer in this post here for more explanation.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info