F Secure Internet Security Installation Failed
I purchased F Secure Internet Security software (CD). But when I try to install to my laptop it gives the following error message repeatedly.
"Could not download the required files. Check that your network connection is working and try again."
My internet connection works fine. My operating system is Windows 10. Please help?????
Jaims Posts: 860 Former F-Secure Employee
May I suggest that you try downloading the .exe file from our site then check the installation code from the CD to activate the subscription.
If the issue persists, then it could be an issue from the network. If possible, try to perform the installation using another internet connection, or if you have a combination of router and modem, install by connecting directly to the modem. If the install works using an alternative connection, you will need to troubleshoot the faulty part of your network, as it might cause problems with F-Secure product updates if the same connection is used with the product after installation. You can try resetting your network settings with the instructions below to see if it helps with the issue:
- Open the command prompt as an administrator
- Run the following commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ipv6 reset
Then try the installation again. Also make sure, that the Windows is up to date.
If it fails, continue with the steps below.
Make sure that you can connect to our download server, open the link below to test the connection:
Try to open first with IE, and if it works there it means connection works.
Problem is on the Proxy settings on your Browser.
How to check if proxy is enable on IE:
- Launch Internet Explorer , click on the gear icon
- Go to Internet Options
- Go to Connections , choose LAN Settings
- In the LAN settings Under 'Proxy Server' , check to see if the box 'Use a proxy server for your LAN) is ticked, if ticked proceed to Untick
- You may now try to continue the Safe installation.
To fix that, adjust the proxy settings on your Browser.
Delete your "cookies":
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content Settings .
- In the "Cookies" section, click All cookies and website information.
You can also go through this for Firefox.
Afterwards try to download and reinstall our product.
The issue could also be due to some remaining files from a previous installation, to resolve this issue run F-Secure uninstallation tool and install the product again.
- Run F-Secure uninstallation tool
- Restart the computer
- Run the installation package
- Installation should be successful.
Do keep us updated with the outcome.0 Like