Can I find my stolen PC:s real IP address in gmail logged in information

Murzuli
Murzuli Posts: 1 New Member
edited January 2022 in F-Secure VPN

So my PC was stolen 11.6 (worth 2500e, still have the receipts, forgot to give them to the stealer) and I used freedome app on the PC and I tried to track it now with the IP that I found on gmail but as i did that, the information was not helpful because it has VPN information. Can I somehow still track it with the IP address I found or was it fake IP cos i used VPN too, if it is fake, isnt google screwing it up cos its not real IP address then. Can someone help me? I have made ofc a report to the police and next thing is i try to catch them in other ways but if u can help i would reaaally appreciate it thank you!😓

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Murzuli

Thank you for contacting F-Secure Community.

When the F-Secure Freedome VPN is turned ON, it might be the IP that Gmail get is from the F-Secure Freedome VPN gateway IP address. In other words, your PC can't be tracked down because the IP is from a virtual location not the real one.

However, in order for the F-Secure Freedome VPN to establish a connection, the real IP address will be visible to the F-Secure Freedome VPN or else it will not work. But as we don't log what the users are doing online, your PC also cannot be tracked that way either.

For more details about F-Secure Freedome VPN Privacy Policy, you may read on below link:

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info