Intermittent Connection - F-Secure Freedom

Options
Snoopdog1
Snoopdog1 Posts: 3 New Member
edited January 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Hello

I have been a customer with F-Secure since 2017

For some time I have been having problems connecting to internet. When I switch my desktop on I usually check to make sure my F-Secure VPN Is connected sometimes it works and at other times it does not. I have to reboot my router this usually resolves the issue. I thought problem was related to my router Virgin Hub 3 but I recently upgraded my router to Virgin Hub 4 things were working fine for a few weeks and now the problem has returned. The device is Apple IMAC I also have another device with windows 10 I do not have any issue connecting to internet. Maybe someone has had the same problem and found a fix. Both my devices are ethernet connected my wifi is not enabled. I have also in past had to move ethernet cable to another port on router and this sometimes works.

Hope someone can help

Cole

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Snoopdog1

Try to enable the Killswitch feature on the affected iMac, change the VPN protocol (steps below) or reinstall Freedome VPN and see if any of these steps work.

Check if automatic killswitch is enabled. Here's how to check.

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN
    2. Click Settings

The automatic killswitch is the 4th button under Connection & Status. If it is turned on,

1. Click Allow connections to other devices in trusted networks
    2. Check the network you're currently connected to
    3. Click Save

To change the VPN protocol:

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME 
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Click Choose VPN protocol
    4. Switch between OpenVPN and IKEv2
    5. Turn the VPN protection on 

Answers

• Snoopdog1
    Options

Thanks Jaims

Since I raised this issue on forum I have not had any issues. As I first mentioned the problem is intermittent should the issue return I will apply the fix and let you know how I get on.

Thank you in advance.

• Snoopdog1
    Options

Update:

Hi Just to let you all know that the problem has not reared its head since reporting this issue to the community. Will keep you all updated.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info