Renewing my subscription, account troubles

phoenixjklin
phoenixjklin Posts: 2 New Member
edited January 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi! About a year ago I purchased a custom built computer, and in the deal I got a one year subscription to F-Secure (it says my product is "F-Secure Internet Security"). Now the subscription has run out, but as I was about to renew it I realized I didn't even have an account. I assume the subscription was created through an account the people who sold me the computer made. So I created an account to have control over it completely, but on the installed program of F-Secure I can't "log out" or anything. If I renew my subscription on my newly created account, can I "log into it" or do I have to reinstall the program or something?

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓

Dear @phoenixjklin,

Thank you for your questions.

Now the subscription has run out, but as I was about to renew it I realized I didn't even have an account.

Actually, for this particular product (F-Secure Internet Security) no account is needed. It's based on license codes that you can purchase directly on our website.

I created an account to have control over it completely, but on the installed program of F-Secure I can't "log out" or anything

From what I can tell, you did indeed create a trial account for F-Secure TOTAL, which combines SAFE, FREEDOME and ID Protection. Yes, there is no option to log out from F-Secure Internet Security, you can however click on "Renew now" in the top left-hand corner and type the license code that you can purchase on our website. We do, however, strongly encourage to move from Internet Security to SAFE, as you have correctly noticed, it is easier to have control over it completely.

Let me know if I can help you with:

1. Renewing your old program F-Secure Internet Security
    2. Moving to SAFE
    3. Moving to TOTAL

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info