ID protection on multiple devices

Hello,

I have F-secure total subscription and I've been using F-secure Key earlier. Now I finally decided to move to ID-protection and for some reason I can't find how to get it working without separate license for every different machine. Everytime I sync ID protection I need to log in and it takes one license from the pool. Could you help me? For every machine I use total there are multiple users who need also the access to their ID-protections.

Best regards,

Petteri

Answers

• LucaseuropaLucaseuropa Posts: 234 Moderator

Hey @Tahmis,

That's exactly how it works - let's say you have TOTAL for 5 devices, it would mean that you could actually install F-Secure ID Protection on 5 different devices.

If you have the app on either a single mobile device or only on your computer, your Vault data is stored on that device only. The app has been designed so that connecting your devices allows you to have your data readily available and always up to date on other devices as well. When you have your data also on another device, there is no need to worry if a device gets lost, stolen or damaged; your data will still be intact on one of your other devices.

Cheers,

Lucas

Jaims
  • TahmisTahmis Posts: 6

Hi Lucas,

Ok. So please tell me how can I setup ID protection on one windows computer with 5 different user accounts so that only 1 license of ID protection is used on that machine? Like it does for virus protection for example.

The license model is impossible with total as now it seems that you need 25 total licences for ID protection for 5 machines but only 5 antivirus licenses for those.

Earlier with key each user needed 1 license and it worked perfect. Now the licensing model for ID protection seems impossible as I would need to have it for multiple users on very many devices. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should find an other provider for all my it security. We are also using the same product at our company and if there won't be any changes before our licences expire I probably need to start looking for alternate solutions for everyone there also.

Best regards,

Petteri

• JaimsJaims Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi @Tahmis

Once you sign up for F-Secure TOTAL, 5-device license for example, you will be able to install SAFE on 5 devices, Freedome VPN on 5 devices and ID Protection also on 5 devices. May I know if you still have a valid F-Secure KEY subscription?

You do not have to buy up to 25 as you earlier explained. If you install ID Protection free trial, you can do that on multiple devices if you wish but each device runs independently and remember you will not be able to sync with other devices.

Let us know if you need further clarification.