F-Secure Safe interfers with ProtonVPN?

BimBam
BimBam Posts: 5 New Member
edited January 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

ProtonVPN sometimes disconnects and reconnects.

ProtonVPN support proposes to completely uninstall F-Secure Safe to find out if the dis-/reconnecting problem still occurs.

Why would F-Secure Safe interfere with my ProtonVPN?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hey @BimBam ,

Why would F-Secure Safe interfere with my ProtonVPN?

We have never experienced any issues with SAFE and ProtonVPN (at least not that I've registered and I've checked that thoroughly).

ProtonVPN sometimes disconnects and reconnects.

Should you think it's SAFE that 'interferes' with your VPN, you could try to turn off all security features in SAFE and then observe whether you still experience some connectivity issue.

To turn off all security features:

1. Open F-Secure SAFE.
    2. Select Tools.
    3. Click Turn off all security features.
    4. A warning is shown, as turning off all security features leaves your computer open to attacks.
    5. Click Turn off.

To turn on all security features:

1. Open the F-Secure security product.
    2. Click Turn on.

• BimBam

I have another desktop and a couple of laptops that have F-Secure Safe and ProtonVPN, with Windows 10 Pro (64- and 32-bit) and so far with those devices I have never experienced the problem that I have on my 5 month old Dell XPS8940.

Dell already replaced the original Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module with a Qualcomm QCA9377 Bluetooth, because it seemed especially that the Killer Control Center was the cause of the problem.

Now I am beginning to suspect that it could be a Windows 10 Pro configuration problem, because the other computers I have ado not display that behavior of dis-/reconnecting VPN. I guess I can only find out by reinstalling from scratch Win 10 Pro on the Dell XPS 8940.

Willy

• BimBam

Currently, everything is working fine with ProtonVPN 1.20.4 (UDP), F-Secure 18.0, Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1081 and Qualcomm 802.11 ac wireless adapter.

Willy

P.S. apoiosecure.us "cannot be found"

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info