Options
Namu
Namu Posts: 4 New Member
edited May 2021 in Feature Requests

Unsure where to post feedback regarding the applications, so here goes:

A couple (in my opinion no-brainer) improvement suggestions:

• Desktop (Windows) -app
    • Make it so that the notes can be copied without going to the edit-view
    • Make it so that new entries get sorted alphabetically based on title. Now they get stuck at the bottom of the list.
  • Mobile (Android) -app
    • Change the app's starting page to the "Vault" instead of "Monitoring". I don't know if the purpose of this is to promote your new monitoring -feature, but it is slow and impractical that we have to change to the Vault -view each and every time we open the app, given that the app's main purpose is to store passwords.

Thank you.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Make it so that new entries get sorted alphabetically based on title. Now they get stuck at the bottom of the list.

Should not be so. Unless all other entries are 'starred' (pinned to top). OR if your experience is about upgrade from KEY / old client usage (perhaps, this one situation is fixed with beta builds; I am not sure if it is applied to stable one OR whether not fully fixed).

I tried with my beta installation and all fresh entries get sorted alphabetically based on title. I cannot check about "fixes" with known described trouble (since my installation is quite fresh).

Change the app's starting page to the "Vault" instead of "Monitoring". I don't know if the purpose of this is to promote your new monitoring -feature, but it is slow and impractical that we have to change to the Vault -view each and every time we open the app, given that the app's main purpose is to store passwords.

With my (beta) installation - it is possible to switch / choose. So, "Menu" button (top right corner or any other way to open 'menu') --> Settings --> Appearance (or so) - main view - Monitoring or Vault.

Could you check if this available for your installation?

Thanks!

• Namu
    Namu Posts: 4 New Member
    Options

Should not be so. Unless all other entries are 'starred' (pinned to top). OR if your experience is about upgrade from KEY / old client usage (perhaps, this one situation is fixed with beta builds; I am not sure if it is applied to stable one OR whether not fully fixed).

Yeah I have no entries pinned. I guess it might have to do with upgrading from KEY to ID Protection, but I'm not sure if all of the entries that are at the bottom have been added after that upgrade.

Nevertheless. I think being able to sort entries alphabetically (ascending / descending) aswell as the date the entry was added, are basic features that should exist. Like actually click to sort them, instead of relying on the automatic (sometimes non-working) sorting.

With my (beta) installation - it is possible to switch / choose. So, "Menu" button (top right corner or any other way to open 'menu') --> Settings --> Appearance (or so) - main view - Monitoring or Vault.

This was the case! I remember checking the menus some time ago and I don't think this existed back then. Thank you!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

thanks for your reply!

but I'm not sure if all of the entries that are at the bottom have been added after that upgrade.

Actually, yes, there can be 'any' of them. Just disorder and mismatch of some expectations. This point was discussed under the Community, and something like this 'bug' was described as being fixed. So, maybe your experience is still about affected build or maybe there are still something to improve. However....

think being able to sort entries alphabetically (ascending / descending) aswell as the date the entry was added, are basic features that should exist. Like actually click to sort them, instead of relying on the automatic (sometimes non-working) sorting.

Indeed, quite useful in a way. asc;desc;date… maybe something else (like modification date). But, perhaps, I wouldn't use it (or too often). At least, with desktop client. Maybe much more often I will scroll list, just look at entries.. or maybe search / filter out by some keys. Not sure if really want to sort them by order rather then default (I also usually "tag" important entries based on its alphabetical order design; so, to keep up them as I supposed more quick and fancy).

Anyway, I think there a lot of ideas about sorting improvements in F-Secure ID Protection.

This was the case! I remember checking the menus some time ago and I don't think this existed back then. Thank you!

Great! By the way, sorry for my misleading Steps description. I meant "left" corner by writing 'top right corner'. :)

//

I also like the part of your request about copying Notes. My own thoughts also were about an ability to copy passwords from "Password History".

Thanks!