Problem Connecting After Update
MSICafe Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2021 in F-Secure VPN
I am having an issue with my Freedom not connecting after updating it.
I have done the following:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ipv6 reset
- uninstalled and re-installed Freedom.
And then restarted the computer.
Is there anything else I could do resolve this issue ?
Why is it that Freedom updates keep causing connection issues and I have to spend 2 hours troubleshooting ?
Lucaseuropa Posts: 303 Rock Star
Thank you for sharing that with us and sorry for the inconvenience you might experience.
Please check the following first:
- Windows is updated
- Internet is working
- The correct product is installed
- Try connecting to other locations
- Restart your network device (modem/router).
Then, please do as follows:
- Uninstall F-Secure Freedome using our Uninstallation Tool: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe
- Start a new installation of Freedome
- Add Google DNS
- For IPv4: 220.127.116.11 and/or 18.104.22.168
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
Run System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files:.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + X at the same time.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
- In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (check the scan result)
- Exit command prompt.
Let us know whether it was helpful.
Thank you.1 1Like
This discussion has been closed.