Why does SAFE constantly use up all my disk space?
I have been getting this issue at least twice a week now. While disabling all security features and re-enabling them will resolve this, this occurs why too often and at 270+ GB every instance, I am worried that this is reducing the life of my SSD. Does anyone else face the same issue?
Are you facing the issue on your Windows or Mac machine?
If F-Secure plugin hosting service process is shown to be using a lot of CPU and disk, it is an indication that the product is currently scanning files. Either a scheduled scan is ongoing or files are currently being scanned by real-time scanning.
To make sure that a scheduled scan is not ongoing, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting Task Manager
- Go to the Details tab
- Sort by name and check if fsscan.exe is running
If fsscan.exe is running, a scheduled scan is ongoing. The CPU and disk usage will be shown in the Processes tab to be used by F-Secure plugin hosting service.
You can change the scheduled scanning settings to minimize CPU / Disk usage and also decrease the scanning time:
- Open F-Secure SAFE / Internet Security on your computer
- Go to Settings
- Go to the Scanning settings tab
- Change the following settings:
- Enable Run scanning with low priority
- Enable Scan only file types that commonly contain harmful code
- Disable Scan inside compressed files
- Close the settings window to take the settings into effect
When the next scan is run, it will use those settings.
If this doesn't help, you can also try perform uninstall and re-install to see if that solve the issue or please contact F-Secure customer support.2 2Like