Any way of overcoming...................
I recent bought Freedom, installed it onto my MAC desktop and also 3 other devices. On my desktop it has now become apparent that I have to switch Freedom off to be able to run BBC iPlayer because I’m told that “this content is not available in your location”. However switching Freedom off permits the use of iPlayer - it can even be turned on again once the programme is running! On the other devices (an iPad, an iphone and a Mac book) this does not apply - they all run iPlayer with freedom still operational!
Why is this happening and is there any way of overcoming the problem?
Lucaseuropa Posts: 303 Rock Star
Hello @Geriatric !
You may perform the following troubleshoot steps to see if that solve the issue.
1. Run the FlushDNS on affected device.
(Optional- Clear browser cache for desktop and Clear app cache for Smartphone.)
2. Ensure that IPv6 is enabled for the device. You can refer these Windows and Mac, and refer these for Android, and for iOS.
3. Reboot device.
4. Turn Freedome ON and set virtual location as London to check iPlayer working again.
If none of the above improve the situation, please make sure that your F-Secure FREEDOME VPN works correctly. You check if you have dns leak using https://ipleak.net/.
- What is more, for rights reasons, you cannot stream programmes in BBC iPlayer outside the UK, even on holiday.
- BBC player does not work with VPN turned on.
- For more info feel invited to visit the official BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/in_the_uk_message