Expired Product but it hasn't!

cheesey13
cheesey13 Posts: 1 New Member
edited January 2021 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello

When I sign in to My F-Secure I am told that my product is 'expired' but it isn't and is valid until 11/11/2022!? It is on 3 of my devices and works just fine.

Also the 'Chat' facility doesn't work at all and just keeps endlessly loading without getting anywhere hence this 'Post' which I didn't really want to do.

I have F-Secure Internet Security Version 17.9 and very splendid it is too but 'help' and 'contact us' leave a bit to be desired. I do realise it is difficult times but . . . . .

Cheers

Howard

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

I have F-Secure Internet Security Version 17.9 and very splendid it is too

F-Secure Internet Security with a slightly different subscription management design. Compared to F-Secure SAFE.

So, User Interface of the installed F-Secure IS with the correct statement about the validity of the expiration date?

When I sign in to My F-Secure I am told that my product is 'expired' but it isn't

My F-Secure is designed for "F-Secure SAFE" (and related subscriptions, where it is part of package). So, perhaps, expired state is about your trial account or previous subscription to F-Secure SAFE.

If you did not create account before (or trial F-Secure SAFE) - then, maybe, it is autogenerated after first login into with already existed credentials (for example, from Community). However, this is speculation - and I am not sure what is exact reason of expired account (previous subscription, used trial; or a mistake).

Also the 'Chat' facility doesn't work at all and just keeps endlessly loading without getting anywhere hence this 'Post' which I didn't really want to do.

Contact F-Secure support | F-Secure (f-secure.com) should work, in general. Maybe you could try to ensure that there is no any blocking some scripts or so (by browser's addon or something like that).

Anyway, is there any point to ask about else? For except, expired state in My F-Secure portal?

There is also Online Guide (F-Secure Internet Security): Internet Security | Latest | F-Secure User Guides (f-secure.com)

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited February 2021

Hello @cheesey13 !

I did some investigation and it seems that you used to have a trial account for F-Secure SAFE, which indeed does require My F-Secure account.

The product you are using right now, F-Secure Internet Security, uses license codes and does not require any account in My F-Secure portal.

From what I can see in our database your license code for F-Secure Internet Security should be valid until November, 2022.

Should you need any more information, feel free to reply here, I will be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info