Database-Updates?

Hi.

There have been no updates here for 36 hours.

What's going on there?

Best regards.

Heinz

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). And these are only my own unofficial feelings.

There have been no updates here for 36 hours.

What's going on there?

Maybe just a weekend. On such days, signature updates are usually always released less frequently.

Based on official(?) webpage, the last one update for Capricorn engine was 2021-01-09 18:45 UTC (2021-01-09_13). If your experience is about this, then this is the latest recharge for a stable solution.

My beta solution also got the last one at 2021-01-09. In the previous weekend (not current, that ended) the situation was also close to such a lull. So, I think today the first part of the updates will come a little later.

But - it is important to note that the current F-Secure solutions are quite active in using the capabilities of Cloud power. Scanning, analysis, databases and so on. F-Secure Security Cloud privacy policy is available there: https://www.f-secure.com/en/legal/privacy/security-cloud (just for reference, that this is mostly well designed).

Thus, even if local signature-updates are not received during weekends - advanced and improved ways to detect threats are still should be up-to-date.

Also, detection by signature engines (or slightly extended signature engines) are mostly about known items. Perhaps, to meet purely fresh malware at weekend is a bit tricky and dangerous as such (means too fresh state) even with the most updated databases.

Thanks!

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @HeinzDo1961

An unexpected network connectivity issue, in our release pipeline, halted the publishing of our product updates at late evening on Saturday January 9th 2021. Issue was resolved on Monday 11th January 2021 and updates should be retrieved and installed again.

While the issue did prevent updates to local databases such as Hydra and Capricorn published on Sunday, most of our customers were not in danger, as you remained protected by F-Secure's cloud reputation services.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info