Pc installed

Hello,

I would like to know on which PC my Abo ist used. Do you know where i can find these information ?

Thank you

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Perhaps, I did not manage to get the right point of your concern. But could you provide a bit more information about?

For example, what is your F-Secure solution? F-Secure SAFE or F-Secure Internet Security or something else? What is a background of your ask? I mean - is it necessary in order to do something?

In general, F-Secure SAFE (or F-Secure TOTAL) with its portal (my.f-secure.com) - where can be visible timestamp of installation and maybe name of device. You could use it in attempt to understand on which devices solution was installed.

Another opportunity is to contact F-Secure Support ( https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/contact ) - maybe they are with some information about (however, I am not sure that there is a way to 'provide' connection between installation and a certain device.. with an except of "internal" id for licence/functionality matters).

I would like to know on which PC my Abo ist used. Do you know where i can find these information ?

I assumed that this is about licence/subscription/abonnement.  Or what is "Abo"?

If indeed licence/subscription - then most of F-Secure solutions with an option to reuse/release unused licenses (of subscription) when it reached its limits and during a try to install solution once more.

Thanks!

• Olivier_68
    Olivier_68 Posts: 1 New Member

I have F-Secure Internet Security with max 3 PC.

I use 1 Licence on my laptop but i'm not sure if the 2 others are still used by my sons (unfortunately i can't reach them today and tomorrow and my wife new laptop needs a protection).

I remember that on a older release i can see on which machines the licence is used. But i can't find it now. ;)

Hope this helps you better understanding my problem.

Thank you!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, indeed. F-Secure Internet Security (probably) was with information about used licences in its interface (but I am not sure, actually, that it was about device type or name. Just a kind of general information that licences in use / not released).

I use 1 Licence on my laptop but i'm not sure if the 2 others are still used by my sons (unfortunately i can't reach them today and tomorrow and my wife new laptop needs a protection).

There may also be a situation where F-Secure Internet Security is no longer used on the device. But it was removed incorrectly or the device / system crashed. Thus, the "license" will be listed as "in use" (because not released by normal uninstallation). So, without proper ask - it is can be a bit obscure.

However, if you try to install F-Secure Internet Security on a new device - if there is a free licence - the installation will proceed without question. If all licenses are used (two others), then a dialog will appear about the possibility of releasing one of the unnecessary ones. Thus, it will be known that "formally" all are involved. How it actually is - unknown. Perhaps one of the other two is no longer needed or used (due to the scenario described above).

The proper way is described there: https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/internet-security/latest/en/id_68388-internet-security-latest-en

Also there a remark about:

Where can I see the subscription information?

To find out about your subscription information, go to Settings > Support, then look under Subscription information in the product.

Also, probably, official F-Secure Support with an ability to get information about actual state of things.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info