Products & Services
FS Protection for Mac 17.10 beta releases will be posted under this thread.
F-Secure R&D, Mac Team
Release 17.10 beta 2 (build 35949)
Note: version "17.9MR1" was renamed to "17.10"
We are pleased to announce a new release of FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection and delivery to existing installations starts today.
This release contains several bug fixes and improvements. Here are some of the more notable fixes:
• Fixed a kernel panic that could occur on macOS 10.14 when changing an existing policy rule
• Authorization lock now covers learning mode and ruleset switching
• Support for intercepting file cloning events on EndpointSecurity-based systems (macOS 10.15.5+)
• Correctly identify code signatures in single-architecture executables with only Apple Silicon architecture
• Fixed an issue in the Infection report window where trashed filenames wouldn't be updated when malware was trashed
• Improvements to performance and reliability, especially during database updates
• The DeepGuard Configuration app toolbar have incorrect icon sizes on macOS Big Sur
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac Team ☔️🌦☀️🌨
Release 17.10 beta 3 (build 36018)
FS Protection Mac Team
Best regards, Arthur
Mac R&D Team
Release 17.10 Maintenance Release beta 1 (build 36599)
This release contains several bug fixes and improvements.
Release 17.10 Maintenance Release beta 2 (build 36673)