How to recover lost subscription key
Hi, I've used SAFE since 2016 and next expiration date is in 2022 but for some reason the program on my laptop is suddenly claiming that I'm not protected and is asking for the subscription key. My F-secure portal displays correctly that the subscription is valid. In another thread it was said that the subscription key could be displayed via the support menu in the settings but in my case (as it's asking the key) there's no such option. From where and how can I get the subscription key?
Hi @Omenapuu and welcome to F-Secure Community!
First of all, please try to identify the problematic device from the list of devices under your username in your My F-Secure account. Once you do that:
- Select the device name and click on Release License.
- A page will appear to confirm the action. Click on Release License. The license is now removed.
- Download the Uninstallation Tool from our Support Tools page and continue removing the product from your device by following the instructions from the UI Tool.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
After the restart, log into your My F-Secure account again.
- Click + Add device.
- Choose My device.
- Select the device type (the system recognizes your device type by default) and click on Download.
- Once the download is completed, run the F-Secure Safe Network installer.
- When the installer launches, click Accept and Install.
This discussion has been closed.