Get msg Freedom subscription expired yet still have valid one until 2021
Keep getting a message saying Freedom subscription expired when clicking a link in some emails, when using iPhone (though same links when clicked on the desktop work just fine). Yet have a valid subscription until 2021. Any clues why this should be?
Most probably you might have purchased our app via App Store or using the F-Secure Total subscription before. There is a grace period to log out from the subscription for App Store and for F-Secure Total, you are able to log out from the subscription if you have a newer version of F-Secure FREEDOME VPN.
Please follow the steps below :
- Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN app
- Go to Settings, scroll all the way down and look for Log Out. If you see it tap on it. (if you do no see it please proceed to step 3)
- Once done, go to Subscription and you will be able to see under multi-platform Log in. You will receive a pop up with 2 selections as below :
- Have a username and password (if you have F-Secure TOTAL account)
- Have an anonymous Account ID (the option dedicated to those who bought a licence code and does not have an F-Secure TOTAL account.
- Proceed to tap on Enter Account ID, paste the code you have and click Activate)
- Your F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription shall now be activated
If your subscription still active on Freedome for iOS, please drop here the screen shot of subscription expiry message you are getting on your device.
Based on your email, I can see your subscription for TOTAL safe valid until 10/15/2021. You can also login your My F-Secure account to see your subscription details.
Based on your first screen shot, the email with subscription link you have received is not updated or might be linked to different Freedome package. For your second one, the subscription date shows 13th, Jan 2038 instead of TOTAL subscription end date 10/15/2021. To check this further information, I will now escalate this post to our support team. They will then liaise the issue with you directly.