Move and rename devices in my.f-secure.com

slehnertdk
slehnertdk Posts: 4 Explorer

When managing TOTAL, FREEDOME and other licenses in my.f-secure.com pages, it is not possible to move a license to another person, if the device change user.

proposal: please enable options for changing / moving devices between users, and renaming devices (without having to free up the licenses and re-install.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Leefe
    Leefe Posts: 1 Observer

I'm more interested in just renaming an existing device in the My F-Secure portal.

I've had issues where devices were incorrectly named or typos in names when adding them, and I find I can't rename them without doing a 'Release Licence' and adding them again.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,650 Superuser
    edited February 19

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

I've had issues where devices were incorrectly named or typos in names when adding them, and I find I can't rename them without doing a 'Release Licence' and adding them again.

Did you mean devices indeed? And not the users?

I am not sure that My F-Secure portal interface is actual, but to rename your devices (not the devices of invited user, for example) you need:

• login into My F-Secure portal;
    • click required device;
    • click 'Settings' in the device's card;
    • an option to rename device is visible;

You cannot rename invited user (but he can) and you can rename your username by editing Settings for the account.

Perhaps, it is also possible to perform via F-Secure app "Devices and Users" card.

I tried to check about the username / devicename in app's UI? It is updated to the changed view after a while.

Thanks!