How to change IP address of router?

Terrance
Terrance Posts: 1 New Member

How do i change my public (external) IP address? I connect to wifi via router. I have static IP address. I dont wanna change IP address of only one device, but the address on which all my devices connect. Do I have to contact my provider because of that or can I change it somehow by myself?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my opinion, I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe there are some points about:

• your IP is from your ISP (?!), perhaps. So, you can not to change it by yourself (probably).
    • maybe some routers with extra options and settings that can be used for such task. Or maybe with additional extensions over router.

But what do you mean by "IP address of router"? Do you mean local context or IP that is visible at visiting public websites (or so)?

Thanks!

• MarthaP
    MarthaP Posts: 6 Observer

Did you try using VPN? To my mind that's the easiest way.

• JamesMiller
    JamesMiller Posts: 3 Observer

Hi.

If you want to change IP of a router, you can:

• Turn off your router for a minute and turn it back on. It might work if you try it multiple times, you might get a new IP. You can also try leaving it turned off overnight and restart later.
    • Reconnect your router to your ISP via administrative Interface. Some routers allow to reconnect from the Administrative Console. You should be able to locate the reconnect button there.

If you need a quick solution, you can use a VPN service.

Hope it was helpful.

Best regards,

James

• GabrielJones
    GabrielJones Posts: 2 New Member

Go to your setting. you can easily fiend out the change option.

This discussion has been closed.