Seriously Need Help: Which App To Buy To Backup internal HDD?

Hopeful_Future
Hopeful_Future Posts: 67 Contributor

Hi,

Sorry to be creating a thread about this, but this is a really serious problem I need help with.

I want to backup my Windows 10 Pro PC's internal HDD and I need a 3rd party App to do this. However, I don't know which company I should be trusting considering the company will have access to all of the files on my HDD...😪😪😪

I trust F-Secure so I'd love to buy something from F-Secure to backup my data.

Thank you for any advice!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solution).

So, maybe good to know about one point: is it one time task? Or you would like to make smooth backup daily/weekly/monthly and so? With meanings that there is constant backup (or so) software with active state? And whether it should be free or paid is suitable too?

And what kind of backup? Offline and stored locally; Or something with cloud space on their (software) servers?

I think that there some well-known companies with backup solutions profile. However, I am not sure that I could recommend them as 100% surely (since I did not use them with recent days).

In addition, there is no something from F-Secure about home solution with backup functionality for data. On current day. Perhaps, it is tricky to create good backup-oriented software when this is not the main profile of company.

Thanks!

• Hopeful_Future

Hi Ukko,

I really appreciate your informative reply!

I want to be able to backup daily.

It's enough for me to have my data backed up locally so there's no need for a cloud solution.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

So,

It's enough for me to have my data backed up locally so there's no need for a cloud solution.

Actually, you can to check this article (Wikipedia): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backup_software , since of list with some solutions and 'difference' type of backup software.

However, note that Windows 10 (and Pro version, maybe, with even more) built-in back up functionality (some forms): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4521035/choose-a-backup-solution-in-windows-10

what can be enough for some tasks.

For example, since 'data backed up locally' - should be any form of protection against which cases? So, it will be external HDD (or so) against failure with internal HDD? And just as 'double' storage, for example. Or something more?

Thanks!

• Hopeful_Future

Ukko, I appreciate your reply!

I'm still trying to find a backup app that's safe for me to use and is good on user privacy.

I really wish Microsoft had a better built-in backup system for Windows 10 Pro... 😪

Thank you!

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star

Hey @Hopeful_Future ! 🖐️

Please check out the following links:

I recommend native Windows Backup as it's good enough for everyday use 👨‍💻

• chalessmith11
    chalessmith11 Posts: 7 Observer

You may try these backup software:

Macrium Reflect

EaseUS Todo Backup

Acronis True Image