FS Protection for Mac 17.8 beta 2
We are pleased to announce a new release of FS Protection for Mac. Update is available for download from My FS Protection and delivery to existing installations starts today (but see below for important information about automatic updates).
This release contain a large number of bug fixes as well as performance and stability improvements. Some of the highlights are:
- Fixes to automatic updates
- Due to an issue in the previous release, FS Protection may not update automatically. To ensure you receive the latest version, either reboot your computer or click "Check for updates"
- If you run macOS 10.12, you will need to manually download and install the latest update from https://safeavenue-tp.sp.f-secure.com/iframe/-installers/fs_protection/
- DeepGuard rule management changes
- Permission dialogs can now be persistently toggled between simple and advanced mode in Preferences → DeepGuard
- Changing DeepGuard rules via the rule editor will now always require administrator user authentication unless "Let non-administrators save new rules" is checked in Preferences → DeepGuard
- DeepGuard rules are now managed in one central location common for all users.
- User rules will me migrated automatically upon upgrade. A backup of the old rule files will be saved in
- On new installations, "Forever" option is temporarily not available in DeepGuard permission dialogs
- Workaround: use "Until quit" or "Until restart", or manually create a rule in the DeepGuard rule editor (Preferences → DeepGuard → Advanced…)
- Editing many rules can be tedious because every rule edit requires authentication. This area will be improved in the future.
- FS Protection installer may get stuck during the final steps of product installation. In case this issue is encountered, please run the "Support Tool" and provide feedback via our beta portal.
- After switching profile, if Family Rules unexpectedly is disabled, please run the "Support Tool" and provide feedback via our beta portal
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team ☀️☀️☀️
F-Secure R&D, Mac Team