I just bought f-secure antivirus and I can't enable browser extension and banking protection

hhk9
hhk9 Posts: 3 New Member

Does F-secure antivirus exclude browser security and banking protection? Is it only included with f-secure safe?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• hhk9

There is no option to enable browser extension in settings

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Does F-secure antivirus exclude browser security and banking protection?

Yes, F‑Secure Anti‑Virus  (www.f-secure.com/en/home/products/anti-virus) is not about Browsing Protection or Banking Protection functionality.

You could check brief features overview and comparison there: https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/products/compare

Is it only included with f-secure safe?

Not only. Slightly another design of Browsing Protection and identical(?) Banking Protection are also available with F-Secure Internet Security solution (www.f-secure.com/en/home/products/internet-security)

Then, yes, with F-Secure SAFE; kind of advanced view of management and Family Rules or Parental Control part of Browsing protection(www.f-secure.com/en/home/products/safe) 

And with F-Secure TOTAL package / subscription (www.f-secure.com/en/home/products/total) - where F-Secure SAFE is one of parts (this package-subscription with two more software and options).

Based on your screenshot - your installation and subscription is for F‑Secure Anti‑Virus where Browsing Protection module is not available. Maybe you could try to reach their official Support channel (for example, web-chat) and to ask about an ability to upgrade your subscription to another solution OR maybe refund and further purchase for solution with Browsing Protection module (where Banking protection included too).

Thanks!

• hhk9

Oh ohk. Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info