Removing F-secure log files from Internet Security

Hayden
Hayden Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2020 in F-Secure Internet Security

I would really appreciate your help.

With the Coronavirus pandemic now in the UK, I have been allowed to work from home as I 'm is a high risk group. As part of the set up for this, I must uninstall F-secure from my laptop (I still have it in my children's laptops) and instead install another antivirus that my company uses (Trend Micro).

I have attempted several times to uninstall F-secure and even used the F-secure uninstaller tool to try to remove it but when I try to install the new antivirus (Trend Micro), it keeps failing to install and states that F-secure is interfering.

I have used the F-secure windows uninstallation tool, and when I choose the custom option - it found log files. Can you please tell me how to delete those. Please bear in mind I'm not a computer expert, but I know basic computing.

Thank you very much,

H.M

Answers

Hi,

The F-Secure Uninstallation Tool has the option to remove log files. It will remove every log file except one - its own log file. It's not possible to remote this log file with any tool. Log files should not interfere with any other vendors, but if you really need it gone, then you need to open Windows Explorer, go to path "C:\ProgramData\F-Secure" and delete the "Log" folder.

Please note that in rare cases F-Secure Uninstallation Tool may not detect some remnants of broken F-Secure Internet Security installation. You can anyway select it to be removed even if it's not detected. This may help with the compatibility issue.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Hayden
    Hayden Posts: 2 New Member

Dear Mr Ville,

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, the solution you advised did not work. I installed the uninstillation tool then uninstalled F-secure and then manually deleted the log file. I then restarted the laptop and still I'm unable to install the Trend Micro Security Agent because in the process of installing Trend Micro, upon reaching approx 94% of the process it states "installation failed, I did not uninstall F-secure correctly".

Is there anything that could be missing from this? I think my mistake was to uninstall F-secure the first time using the normal windows add/remove programs rather than the dedicated F-secure uninstillation tool, and there seems to be some residual element that I simply cant take out.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter as I'm trying to work from home during the pandemic and my employer will only allow me to do this if I have Trend Micro installed as the antivirus.

Thank you very much,

H.M

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info