COVID-19 pandemic: F-Secure’s business continuity arrangements
In the light of news reports regarding the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to provide you with information and reassurances regarding our ability to continue our business operations. We take the health and safety of our customers, partners, staff, and other stakeholders very seriously and have taken specific actions to respond to the latest developments of the pandemic.
F-Secure already has detailed business continuity processes in place, which have been stress tested throughout the year, and audited as part of our ISO27001 certification and internal assurance regime. We would like to make you aware of the fact that we are now following these plans and have taken several key steps to keep our staff safe and healthy, and business operations running normally.
Keeping our staff safe
1. We have set up a cross-company crisis management team chaired by our CEO, which is actively monitoring developments and constantly communicating with all business units, functions, and subsidiaries to outline the necessary steps to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. We have restricted business travel and encouraged employees where/if possible to work remotely. Remote work is fully facilitated at F-Secure and much of our workforce already operates in virtual, distributed teams. In cases involving employees that have traveled to areas seriously affected by COVID-19, we have introduced a mandatory policy of self-isolation for 14 days. Following the latest developments, we have also closed some of our offices, and mandated that affected employees work remotely.
3. To reassure our employees, as well as our customers and visitors, our office cleaning protocols have adapted to the pandemic, and our cleaning contractors are taking extra provisions to ensure cleanliness. Additionally, to ensure proper levels of employee hygiene, we have introduced a hand sanitizing policy and posted verified health recommendations throughout our offices.
4. We are closely following advice from the WHO as well as local governments and health authorities. Should additional guidelines or precautions be recommended, we will immediately communicate and implement these where applicable.
Products and services continuity
1. We run a global business. Our delivery, R&D and customer service teams are distributed on 4 different continents. We can leverage resource from Europe, Asia, Africa, and America if, when, where needed.
2. We are also seeing a spike in phishing activities utilizing the COVID-19 pandemic as a means of deceiving end users. We have operations running 24 hours a day that actively monitor and respond to risks associated with threats using the Coronavirus.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your F-Secure team