F-Secure Community moving to a new platform
Dear F-Secure Community Members,
We are excited to announce to you all that we will be moving our community to a new platform. The move will include migrating the accounts and the content of our community users, and will take place in stages between February 28th (tomorrow) to March1st.
With the move to the new platform, please note that the following types of content will not be migrated:
- Private Messages
If you have any Private Messages which needs to be backed up, I would urge you to do it at the earliest.
As we are transitioning between platforms, if you happen to notice any bugs or anything that is not working, please feel free to let us know so we can work on that. We will keep you posted once the community is fully migrated.
Good that Community is accessible back :)
Some feedback about points that are not lovely for me (however some other things are great with this platform):
- a bit tricky navigation (too much many steps?! compared to previous platform);
- unclear read/unread main category/subcategory field (always one state of bold intensity and only badge that topic is fresh); Actually "Recent Discussions" maybe is main feature there (quite enough as a replacement for 'unclear' design);
- all preview of replies with "Most recent", but it is not about date or hour or so. Previously it was lovely with "seconds/minutes/hours ago or certain date";
- inability to use 'custom' avatar(?);
- font is pretty small and shady with rather white around. I like it, actually - but too shocking;
- limited options for preferences; and some other functionality (but, perhaps, it was only used by me and not so popular);
- maybe it is possible to move "Feature Requests" to "General" section from "Home Security Products"? Requests were about all solutions. And under "General" section it can be much more visible / suitable maybe (?!).
functionality checking <small>a little bit</small>
fancy ability to embed youtube videos :D
Welcome here! Thanks for sending us your feedback.
a bit tricky navigation (too much many steps?! compared to previous platform);
- Could you explain more about what you feel about the navigation?
unclear read/unread main category/subcategory field
- Yes, this has been fixed for the posts inside a Category. We have now made the unread posts bold as compared to the previous read posts. So, you should be seeing the difference. Also, to add on, the pinned posts are now called as Announcements which are at the top of the page. However, a Category is not highlighted if there is a new post in the Help Forum main page. We will see what can be done for that.
inability to use 'custom' avatar(?);
- I will look into the custom avatar.
all preview of replies with "Most recent"
- Yes, we have noticed it as well. I will look into this.
limited options for preferences;
- Is there any preference setting you are specifically mentioning?
- The Feature Requests Category is specifically for Home products. That's the reason to be in the Home Security board. If there is any request/feedback for the Community as such, it can be posted in the News and Feedback forum.
Could you please explain more about this - functionality checking <small>a little bit</small>?
New F-Secure Community looks good for me. 😀
But I have a question about 'subscribe' feature of old F-Secure Community. It was a great feature for me to get a notification whenever the article was updated with my subscription.
Is there any similar functionality on new F-Secure Community to know update?
Sorry for my reply. Looks like that there can be some of features:
So, you can bookmark any topic/discussion. Then under Preferences (https://community.f-secure.com/en/profile/preferences): to check for (email) options like "Notify me when people comment on my discussions.", "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.", "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.". By default - unchecked (only popup).
Could you try whether it is about your intention or not?
I have a question about 'subscribe' feature of old F-Secure Community. It was a great feature for me to get a notification whenever the article was updated with my subscription.