NRK won't work with Freedome

Bjarnek
Bjarnek Posts: 15 Enthusiast

Using https://tv.nrk.no/ have been more and more unstabile the last 2 weeks and has now stopped working at all. Works perfect with other VPN's.

Any solution for this?

Comments

• Bjarnek

Would be nice to get a solution on this one pretty fast due to that we have F-Secure FREEDOME just to be able to watch NRK online.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Bjarnek 

Actually, the issue has been fixed and you should be able to watch NRK abroad when F-Secure Freedome is set in Oslo. We have some users who can now access.

Try the following steps mentioned below. If issue persists, move on to the next step.

1. Clean browsers history and cookies on your devices
    2. Try to reset the DNS cache on your devices

For windows OS:

Open command prompt as an administrator and type the following commands:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ipv6 reset

For Mac:

For Android:

For iOS

If issue persists, kindly;

Uninstall F-Secure FREEDOME from the affected device.
    Restart/reboot the device.
    Reinstall F-Secure FREEDOME.

You may also read more here on this issue.

• Bjarnek

It's not fixed to 100% due to that it still not working here. I'm using fiber 1000/1000 Mbit/s with Bredband2 as ISP. I have now tested your fix on 2 different PC's here in my network with the same result. NRK are still not working and are asking for my BankID due to that I'm not located in Norway.

Tested on 2 different PC with Windows 7 64bit:

1. Set to Norge,Oslo

2. Delete all cache and cookies

3. ipconfig /flushdns

4. netsh winsock reset
    5. netsh int ipv6 reset

6. Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure FREEDOME

7. Tested using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 and IE Version: 11.0.9600.19596

Edith:

Have also tested with my Sony Xperia X Performance with WiFi and 4G/3G and got the same result there "Bekreft med BankID". So there are not a problem with my pc or local network when I'm getting the same error with 4G/3G and the ISP is then Telia and not Bredband2.

Works perfect when using another free VPN as an addon in Chrome, so I can't see that there should be any problems and that it should work with F-Secure FREEDOME.

• Bjarnek

Hello @Jaims 

How is the progress on finding a solution for this problem? Or do you need more info from me for det different devices that I'm using FREEDOME on and have tested it on and where it's not working for NRK?

Regards

Bjarnek

• bambam1
    bambam1 Posts: 9 Observer

i have the same problem 

• Jaims

Hi @bambam1 @Bjarnek 

Our backend team are working hard to rectify this issue. 

However, do understand the reason for such blocks is almost always because copyright holders want to maximize their profits by artificially segregating the world market. 

We expect customers to respect the terms of third-party services that they access via our services. The Terms of Service for F-Secure Freedome can be found here: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/legal_global/terms/freedome

• Bjarnek

HI @Jaims 

Due to that NRK is registering that I'm not in Norway is it obvious that the service that I'm paying for with FREEDOM is not working as promised. So I do hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Any blocks should not be affected if FREEDOM that I'm paying for deliver what it should, and that is that when I select Norway, Oslo should I be registrated as I'm in Oslo and not another country.

• Bjarnek

Hey!

Well @Jaims the error is back. Worked unthil wedensday and then like i JoJo and now it's not working at all.

And to be sure that the problem is with FREEDOM have I tested this as you have recomended before.

Tested on 2 different PC with Windows 7 64bit:

1. Set to Norge,Oslo

2. Delete all cache and cookies

3. ipconfig /flushdns

4. netsh winsock reset
    5. netsh int ipv6 reset

6. Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure FREEDOME

7. Tested using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 and IE Version: 11.0.9600.19596

8. Tested with my Sony Xperia X Performance with WiFi and 4G/3G and got the same result

Due to that is a service we are paying for will I see that this issue will be resolved quicly.

• Stella2
    Stella2 Posts: 8 New Member

Problem has returned. 
    Some days it is working, other days not. 

I am in Norway, so it should work. 
    Contacted NRK and got the answer, that being connected by a vpn line would/ could be causing the problem alone. 

Thank you.

• Jaims

Hi @Stella2 

We found that NRK changed how they detect VPNs, so we added a test workaround to one of our gateways and the stream seems to work fine again.

We are going to do more testing today but if everything looks good, we might be able to push this to all our Norwegian gateways in the coming days.
  • bambam1
    bambam1 Posts: 9 Observer

the same problem for me too. sometimes freedome works but most of the time it's not working. 

• DawidFS
    DawidFS Posts: 73 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @bambam1 

Our freedome team is currently working on the issue, we will give you an update on the matter as soon as we will get an information.

Greetings,

Dawid

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info