F-Secure IS high RAM usage
Hello. My F-Secure IS program use ~ 200MB my RAM. Is it normal memory consumption?
Ukko Posts: 3,418 Superuser
I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).
I think that it can be normal. But the proper answer should be based on all other information.
For example, my result (on current minute):
- F-Secure Host Process 23,0 MB
- F-Secure Host Process 0,6 MB
- F-Secure Host Process 0,1 MB
- F-Secure Host Process (32bit) 38,9 MB
- F-Secure Host Process (32bit) 10,7 MB
- F-Secure Host Process (32bit) 1,9 MB
- F-Secure ORSP Service 32-bit (Release) 11,6 MB
- F-Secure Pisced Hoster x64 0,1 MB
System up-time is 26 hours and two browsers with thirty tabs are opened (five on one and twenty five on another). Filesystem is not used (actively) on current minute.
During load - F-Secure should to scan and analysing (real-time scanning), there is also web traffic scanning and all other set of features. From time to time - updates are received (database signatures / other). Different applications in use and so on. Thus, RAM usage can be with changes dynamically.
You could also try to restart system - for sure. What if there is a stuck or something like this and unexpected RAM usage.
In general, system requirements for F-Secure Internet Security:
Memory requirements: 1GB or more