F-Secure failing to launch - no warning, no status
I have just encountered a nasty little problem.
When I tried to open Control panel, one option only opened a web page to sell me the product (again?)
The computer security tab brought up a window saying it was trying to START; but failed and never did so.
- No warning, but found the **bleep** thing inactive - I'm very annoyed.
- Can't right click to scan a file, can't open f-secure, can't do a scan.
- The control panel just does not function as intended.
Re-boot, allowed time for self correction, it did nothing.
Unable to open the prpgram from menu or the file itself.
At no poinbt could I scan or open the program interface itself.
Checked the download updates, a failed file is in there, obviously it crashes the standard installation.
My Solution - so far, in case it happens to YOU too
- remove f-secure,
- re-boot from CD, check PC for malware (took a whole night and there was nothing)
- re-install F-secure
- Hope the **bleeping** thing does not crash again and contact support for an explanation.
Update - no word from Tech Support, just the sound of wind across the open plain...................