Ad causing financial websites to be blocked?

JamesLJamesL Posts: 3 New Member

I am on an Mac version 10.13.6 with F-Secure Safe Version 17.7 

I have been trying to access several banking websites (Merriyl Edge, Vanguard, TD Ameritrade) and have been getting a "Harmful web site blocked" warning while in firefox and chrome with the same doubleclick.net website warning:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 1.46.36 AM.png

Interestingly the warning is not triggered in Safari (F-secure extension installed). Is this something I should be concerned about?

Best Answer

• SethuSethu Posts: 638 Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Hello @JamesL 

On top of @NennaJuliana, you can also double check with our F-Secure Lab by submitting the harmful URL. Remember to click on this bottom, I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results​.

To fill in the information, and describe the issue, so that we our Virus Lab analyse the situation and contact you.

JamesL

Comments

• Yeah, you so right, most times it's good to clear cookies, after all actions towards correcting this anomally is effected.

But definitely, it is sure going to happen once in a while, because the web is already large. And new things keep coming into web. Ad causing financial web blocked is a serious issue and  Nasty C music

Sethu
  • JamesLJamesL Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Sethu,

I submitted the link via the website and was told it was not a malicious website; the issue was subsequently fixed. 

However the issue has recurred again about a week later (same link), and I resubmitted the link for analysis. Per customer service it is not a malicious link, and am currently working with them to fix the issue. 

Thank you for your help. 

Sethu
This discussion has been closed.