Two friendly suggestion on the automated satisfaction survey on this forum.

1) KINDLY MAKE THIS WEBSITE STOP POPPING UP THE SURVEY EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO POST ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY IF I DECLINE TO TAKE THE SURVEY IMMEDIATELY AND CLICK ON "WHEN I'M DONE". IN ENGLISH "WHEN I'M DONE" MEANS AFTER I FINISHED DOING WHAT I CAME HERE TO DO, NOT BEFORE. IF I AM SHOWN THE SURVEY BEFORE I EVEB BEGIN DOING WHAT I CAME HERE TO DO BY DEFINITION I WON'T BE SATISFIED.

2) KINDLY PROVIDE A WAY OUT AT THE END OF THE SURVEY IN MOBILE MODE. IT'S NOT THERE. THE ONLY WAYS TO GET SOMETHING DONE ARE TO GO BACK BACK BACK BACK TO BEFORE THE POP UP OR TO REENTER THE URL, HOPING NOT TO GET DRAGGED UNWILLINGLY INTO ANOTHER SURVEY.

I AM AT THE END OF THE ROPE, CLOSE TO CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTIONS.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A HOBBIST WEBSITE.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

In fact, this survey prompt should be visible (repeatedly) only if each your login is under "InPrivate / Incognito" (or so) mode OR after cleaning browser's cache / cookies. Or, maybe, by using different browsers and systems.

Thus, expected that after one completed survey - it should not be visible anymore (for except mentioned setting).

In addition, this Community (forum) platform is powered by

Used by many companies. And I saw such a survey with many other communities. So, it is not really pinned to F-Secure Community (or its survey) - but how it is "designed" by platform's developers.

My own experience is about constant receiving this prompt (another browser, cleared cache / cookies). It is not really a trouble for me (to receive this prompt / survey pop up). Thus, usually, I complete it (what is "strange") each time.

Trouble is "timing" of appearance. I think that there is a certain timeframe for this prompt. So, it can be unexpected indeed (with not real good minute). And, that, button "when I am done" leads to opened fresh tab with survey itself (possible to switch tab back).

But, it is possible to use "No, thanks".

There is another trouble - such prompt is received for any opened page. So, if there are ten tabs with Community pages - ten tabs will be with "prompt". If you are "decline / allow" with one of tabs - another tabs are still with prompt. Solution (as example) is to reload page (by "F5" as example). It is a bit tricky - when you have to reload all pages.

Sorry for my feedback and some kind of discussion.

Thanks!

• preppy-skeptic
    preppy-skeptic Posts: 17 Observer

Excellent reply! Thank you! I really appreciate your patience. 

There is a big conflict between "is" and "should be". If I click on "maybe later" the survey should NOT be served at least until I click "post". That it's a standard platform does not make incorrect behavior magically right. 

This discussion has been closed.