FS Protection for Mac 17.5 beta 1
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations starts today.
This is a feature complete release of Family Rules content blocking. We have also integrated an improved scanning engine. See this post for more information about Family Rules on Mac.
- Improved scanning engine
- Family Rules tab in main window
- Family Rules upgrade and summary screens as part of subscription activation flow
- Allow activating subscription without elevating privileges
- Browser restart may be needed for Browsing protection and parental control features to work
- Browser status may be displayed inaccurately if browsing protection is disabled, but family rules content blocking is enabled
- SafeSearch is not automatically enabled for YouTube in Safari
- Some strings may be unlocalized. These will be fixed in an upcoming beta release.
- Time limits, while available in My FS Protection, are not supported in this release.
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team
This discussion has been closed.