Freedome blocks app updates from Google Play
Recently within a week or so Freedome has started blocking my phone updating its apps from Google Play. The apps show up as having an update available, but when clicking on Update the download never starts and just shows as Waiting to download...
The only way to update is to turn Freedome vpn off and then the updates do get downloaded.
This problem appeared after my phone Nokia 5 had updated to Android 9.
It's v. 18.104.22.16818. But oddly enough, the updates started working normally today after several days of being blocked. I only turned the vpn off once more to install some updates, and some time later more updates became available which then got downloaded normally through the vpn. Strange, but it seems this is no longer an issue, thanks.
Apologize for the issue that these caused you and we have already reported this to our backend team. After thorough review of your case by our developer, we need to double check that Freedome feature selected on your device has to change as below. Would it be possible for you try the following steps and check again?
1. Freedome app> App security> if you have already selected " use Wifi only", may I ask you to select " Use both Wifi and mobile network for scanning".
2. Freedome app> Settings> Apps Bypassing VPN> Tick the " Google play store" to bypass.
3. Try Fulsh DNS on your android phone.
1. Both wifi and mobile are already selected.
2. It did not occur to me that you can set apps to bypass vpn, but after setting this the few updates that were pending started to download normally. But bypassing the vpn is far from a good workaround, even though no truly personal data (I guess?) transfers between the phone and Google Store for a theoretical "snooper" somewhere in between.
3. This did not seem necessary, as the above worked (but I did try it for Chrome anyway, though I mostly use Firefox).