FS Protection for Mac build 20364 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations starts today.
The focus of this release is support for Family Rules. Like with FS Protection on other platforms, you can now manage your parental control settings using the My FS Protection web portal. See this post for more information about Family Rules on Mac.
Notable changes in this release:
- Streamlined browser extension installation flow
- SafeSearch will be enabled on supported search engines when content blocking is enabled
- New profile switching UI
- Browser restart may be needed for Browsing protection and parental control features to work
- SafeSearch is not automatically enabled for YouTube in Safari
- If a user clicks "No thank you" on the "Set up Family Rules" screen there is no way to activate Family rules for that user. This will be fixed in an upcoming beta release.
- Some strings may be unlocalized. These will be fixed in an upcoming beta release.
- Time limits, while availble in My FS Protection, are not supported in this release.
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team ☀️☀️☃🏂
This discussion has been closed.