FS Protection for Mac build 20316 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations starts today.
This is the second of several planned beta releases of FS Protection for Mac with support for Family Rules. Like with FS Protection on other platforms, you can now manage your parental control settings using the My FS Protection web portal. See this post for more information about Family Rules on Mac.
Notable changes in this release:
- New Safari extension supporting the upcoming Safari version 12
- Improved Family Rules onboarding
- Support for switching Family Rules profile (NOTE: see Known Issues below)
- Fixes issues where changes to profile restrictions in My FS Protection would not take effect until a restart
- Banking protection in the new Safari extension may show more notifications than expected
- After switching away from a Family Rules profile originally activated with the previous FS Protection version, it will not be possible to switch back to the original profile. As a workaround, uninstall FS Protection and add it as a new device from My FS Protection.
- Search rating icons missing from search results for links in the "shopping" category
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team 🌼☀️
F-Secure R&D, Mac Team
This discussion has been closed.