In SAFE running on ANDROID 6.x, "erase all" in 'Tools', 'Advanced options', 'Web site settings' does

Hi,

As the title says it all:

When I go in 'Settings' (the wrench icon), then go to 'Advanced options' then click on 'Web site settings', I always see 3 sites that I don't want to keep. When I click on any of the sites, it says "erase all the datas". I I can click on it but the site is still there ?

If I click on "erase all" on the previous page instead of trying to erase them one by one, I could use "Suppress all the datas and localisation authorizations of the Web sites".

If I click OK, it goes back to "Advanced options". If I click again on "Web site settings", the web sites are still here and I didn't find anyway to erase them ?

How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just like addition: your experience is about Safe Browser (part of F-Secure SAFE).

My own experience is about Android 8.1.0 with beta F-Secure SAFE; and previously there was also multiple (three?!) websites under such part of settings.

After my recent reinstallation -> there is only "Twitter" (mobile.twitter[.]com).

When I go in 'Settings' (the wrench icon), then go to 'Advanced options' then click on 'Web site settings', I always see 3 sites. When I click on any of the sites, it says "erase all the datas". I I can click on it but the site is still there ?
    If I click on "erase all" on the previous page instead of trying to erase them one by one, I could use "Suppress all the datas and localisation authorizations of the Web sites".
    If I click OK, it goes back to "Advanced options". If I click again on "Web site settings", the web sites are still here and I didn't find anyway to erase them ?

and it was not possible to 'delete' them and is not possible currently too (by noted steps).

I reported it; but did not receive feedback about any potential workarounds yet (but report was about some meanings; so, maybe it was not enough clear about this direct trouble) and I did not find anything useful for ability to delete such entries (except reinstallation).

Spoiler
    BUT my potential unofficial own feelings that such sites may be 'imported' from any other third-party or pre-installed browsers. I do use 'kids profile' -> so I did not check it with potential clean up under another browsers; but disabling Google Chrome under device will trigger 'disabled' status of such place (as potential meanings that there is nothing to delete).
    Maybe you do able to try check such meanings (if possible to clean up something like this under another browser's settings); but later I found that after such steps -> opening noted URL and such website is pinned under settings; thus, is not helpful at all.

Maybe it is good to contact their official F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

• SimpleJean
    SimpleJean Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Ukko,

First thanks for your reply.

You are right, I'm talking about the self browser embedded inside F-Secure.

What makes me reassured is that the trouble is at least happening to someone else, so it's not only on my machine.

I'll try to get in touch on the Chat with a fellow from F-Secure.

Thanx again for your reply.
    S!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info