Garmin Connect activity not being displayed when Freedome is turned on

This was working for months or even longer but maybe since late last week when I try to open an activity in Garmin Connect (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/) the activity itself is blank. Trying Chrome, Firefoy and Edge - it works when Freedome is turned off. Just before Chrome displays the almost empty page I can see "Resolving host..." in the status bar.

 

Digging deeper using Firefox and "NoScript" I might have found out the host that is not being connected: baidu.com - if I deny baidu.com in "NoScript" and disable Freedome the behaviour is the same (almost empty page). Furthermore if I enable Freedome and try www.baidu.com in a web browser I get "ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED".

 

Is there a reason why Freedome blocks the resolution of baidu.com?

 

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

 

Windows 10 (1803 build 17134.167)

Freedome 2.18.5493.0

Steffi22

Best Answer

  • BembelBembel Posts: 11
    Accepted Answer

    UPDATE:

     

    Garmin seem to have removed baidu.com from their web portal hence everything is working fine again.

     

    And since I couldn't care less about Freedome being able to resolve baidu.com at this moment I'll close this thread...

     

    Thanks everyone involved in this!

Comments

  • PavitraPavitra Posts: 81

    Hi Bembel,

     

    Welcome to F-Secure Community!

     

    Does this issue happen irrespective of any location connected or only when connected to a certain location?

     

    Is this a first time installation of Freedome and the issue pop-uped? Or was there any upgrade which triggered this issue?

     

    Drop me a line if I can do anything else for you

     

    Thank you

  • BembelBembel Posts: 11

    Dear Pavitra,

     

    I just tried to get the activities of today's morning run from Garmin Connect using these sites for Freedome:

     

    Germany, Finnland, United Kingdom, HongKong and United States

     

    For none of the sites any activity showed up, I needed to disable Freedome to get to the activity and be able to download the TCX file for further use.

     

    Didn't want to waste time to try all sites as I am pretty sure all of them will show the same effect.

     

    So what's next?

     

    EDIT:

     

    Sorry, I dodn't answer all of your questions:

     

    - I have been using Freedome for a few years now (on this machine and many others)

    - Freedome was installed on this machine since the beginning, the issue first appeared a few days ago, it was working perfectly last (not sure though if Garmin added baidu.com or F-Secure started to block baidu.com)

    - as far as I know Freedome wasn't upgraded on this machine, last weeks some Microsoft Updates were installed but as turning off Freedome does the trick these probably aren't to blame

  • PavitraPavitra Posts: 81

    Hi Bembel,

     

    I apologize for the experience you've had with Freedome. I would reccommend you to contact our Support Team via Chat or Phone here so this issue can be investigated further.

     

    Thank you

  • PavitraPavitra Posts: 81

    Hi Bembel,

     

    Thank you for the update. Glad to know you got the issue resolved.

This discussion has been closed.